Yup. The (second) official Avengers trailer is out. Check it.
If that didn’t work, here’s the link: http://youtu.be/zatgnqdIefs
So, the following is a bunch of random conclusions that Longbox of Awesome managed to draw from the trailer.
- New York City is getting shit-kicked. As per the usual in the Marvel Universe. No wonder Moon Knight moved to Los Angeles.
- The soldiers are shooting at something up in the sky while Loki does a smug, condescending voice-over. Which clearly means he hired Skrulls to invade New York.
- The NYPD can’t outrun explosions. Remember, this is the Marvel Universe, where barely a day goes by without at least one skyscraper being crushed by some Spider-nemesis. Swear to Gord, they should just hire the Kenyan national track team to staff the NYPD.
- Government employees in suits are never phased by some punk-ass helicopter landing 20 feet in front of them. Fact.
- Nine Inch Nails is always awesomely appropriate. Especially in film trailers. And weddings.
- This movie features members of The Avengers. This we know because there are several establishing shots while Nick Fury speaks.
- The team-up of Robert Downey Jr. and Joss Whedon is proof that the world loves you and wants you to be happy. Evidence of this exists in Captain America’s cocky remark and Tony Stark’s brilliant reply.
- Nick Fury aims his rocket launcher like he means business. And not lame business like paperwork. He doesn’t do that shit.
- Was Thor attacking Captain America? That’s like Santa Claus attacking the Easter Bunny – neither battle will end in happy children.
- The “enormous green rage monster” hits the screen in sexy fashion.
- Hey, wait… Where’s Maria Hill? Black Widow is great and all, but I am certain the world would love to see Robin Scherbatsky kick some ass, am I right?
… That’s it. What did you think of the trailer? You jacked about the movie? Prefer brie over Gouda? Let Longbox know in the comments!